As per the examination’s structure, participants will be allotted three and a half hours to respond to 100 multiple-choice questions.
NEW DELHI: The Bar Council of India (BCI) has made public the timetable and examination dates for the upcoming All India Bar Examination – XVIII (AIBE 18) through its official website.
As indicated by the official announcement, the registration process for AIBE 18 in 2023 will commence today at 5 pm on the official website – allindiabarexamination.com. This AIBE assessment acts as a key access point for acquiring the Certificate of Practice (COP), a prerequisite for practicing law within Indian courts.
The AIBE 18 examination for 2023, scheduled for October 29, is all set to be conducted at numerous examination centers across the country. Aspiring candidates are required to complete their online registration for the Bar examination by September 30 to secure their participation.
Moreover, the council has elevated the passing threshold for general category candidates to 45%, while Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and PwD candidates must now attain a minimum of 40% for exam success. Previously, the minimum qualifying percentage for reserved categories was limited to 35%.
In alignment with the examination’s structure, examinees will be required to address 100 multiple-choice questions within a stipulated time frame of 3 hours and 30 minutes. The selected answers must be recorded on the provided OMR sheet.
Outlined below are the steps to apply online for AIBE 18:
- Visit the Official Website: Navigate to the official All India Bar Examination website at https://allindiabarexamination.com/.
- Registration: Initiate the registration process by selecting the “Register” or “New User” option. Provide essential information such as your name, contact details, and email address. Generate a strong password to secure your account.
- Login: Employ the recently created login credentials to access your account.
- Complete the Application Form: Open the application form and meticulously furnish it with accurate personal and educational particulars. Ensure thorough verification of the details before proceeding.
- Upload Required Documents: Attach essential documents, including a passport-sized photograph, signature, and any mandated certificates. Ensure that the uploaded files adhere to the prescribed format and size requirements.
- Fee Payment: Effectuate the payment of the application fee through the available online payment methods, which may encompass credit cards, debit cards, or net banking. Confirm the successful completion of the payment.
- Submission and Review: Thoroughly review the entered data and uploaded documents before submitting the application. Once content, proceed to submit the form.